Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Children of Loss 52

Chapter 52

Getting out and actually seeing Berlin had been an incredible experience. He got a few souvenirs to take back, mainly for Bianca and Daedalus. But it had been even better that Percy had been the one to show him around. The one problem had been with Luke, who had pretty much kept to himself the entire time. Really, it seemed like the blond had a lot on his mind. Considering the events that had happened earlier that day, Nico could only assume they had to do with Eros.

Nico let out a sigh and sank further down on the couch, his body pressed firmly against Percy's as they sat on the couch in Percy's entertainment room. Without saying anything, Nico reached over and scooped out some popcorn from the bowl that rested in Percy's lap.

Taking the night off, Percy let Nico pick out some movies for them to watch. And, well, Nico was not about to let a night with Percy go to waste. Their talk from last night came to mind. Once they left Berlin, Nico really would not get Percy to himself like this. Really, they would not get to be a real couple again until halfway through the month of May. Which, in reality, did not sound so bad when Nico said it out loud. It was just a month, the brown-eyed boy could deal with that.

Their movie eventually got interrupted by Percy's phone. Nico groaned as Percy got up from the couch, handing the Lost Boy the bowl. “Sorry,” Percy apologized, delivering a quick kiss to Nico's temple.

Nico pouted to himself before he sat up and paused the movie. He tossed a few pieces of popcorn into his mouth as Percy answered the phone. Nico was not looking forward to going back home, to be honest. Going back meant his life would become a war zone.

The smallest issue was probably going to be talking to Bianca about him moving to Berlin. That was one thing, but from there it got worse. Not only was he going to have to tell her that, but Nico was also going to have to confess that he and Percy were having sex. He could not really see his sister taking the news that his boss was having sex with her little brother that well.

Next was was the media. Europe's media did not seem that bad, but Nico doubted things would go this smoothly back home. Really, Nico was just glad that he didn't have his phone on him. Because, if he had, the Lost Boy was scared that his sister might have seen an article or photo by now. Was he going to be harassed at school? Nico had to tell Bianca about his relationship with Percy before it got out. But he did not want the attention, he did not even think about it when he chose Percy. Would they uncover what he did for a living?

No, surely not.

But then there was the biggest issue of all. Annabeth. There was no telling what she had been up to while Nico was away, but as long as she did not suspect him of fighting back, there was no need to worry. She probably did not even consider Nico a threat, which would probably be his biggest advantage. The most important thing was getting Percy to replace himself as branch manager with Annabeth.

“Leo, calm down,” Percy chuckled as he plopped back onto the couch. Nico gave him a curious look, but Percy didn't notice. “I am listening, but you are talking very fast. And you're sort of swapping back and forth between English and Spanish, just so you know.” Percy let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead. “And why is that an issue? Yes, I know the situation. I think you're being a little overly dramatic, Leo.” The green-eyed young man let his head fall back with a small laugh. “It'll be fine, stop worrying about things. No, I don't think this is just a game. Yes.” Percy rolled his eyes, a smile still on his lips. “Goodnight, Leo.”

As Percy hung up the phone, Nico settled back against the young man. “What was that about?”

Percy started the movie back up and took the bowl of popcorn back from Nico. “Nothing to worry about, just something amusing that came up back at home.” But the look in Percy's eyes as he stared back at Nico made the boy wonder just what Leo had said. “Nico, if I wasn't an option, who do you think you'd be happy with?”

“What?” Nico's brow furrowed. “Why are you even asking?”

“Just curious,” Percy replied, his face unreadable.

Letting out a sigh, Nico looked away for a brief second. “Um, I don't know. I thought Will once upon a time, but I don't think he's quite over his past yet.” Nico's eyes scanned Percy's face again, though the results did not improve. “I guess, if I had to pick someone that wasn't you, I'd go with Jason.”

“Why?”

Really, what was Percy's game with this? “I don't know...we just get along really well.” Nico's brow furrowed. He just wished Percy would tell him the reason behind this sudden question. “I think, once he works past his issues, Jason will be a great guy. I just... I think I'd have a hard time being around the Lotus and not being able to be with you, though.”

Percy just blinked once. “So, you'd leave?”

“Percy, I don't like where this is going,” Nico replied, slightly irritated. “Just tell me what this is about?”

Leaning in, Percy kissed Nico's cheek. “It's nothing to worry about, I promise. I figured you'd pick Jason out of the Lost Kids.”

“Why did you think that?”

Percy shrugged. “Well, there was a time that I was actually hoping you'd pick Jason. I thought he might be good for you.” Percy smiled at the irritated look on Nico's face. “I thought he'd be healthier for you.”

“I-” Nico let out a groan of frustration. “Why not Will, though? I said I wouldn't go with him simply because I already knew the truth. But it sounds like Jason was your choice for me for some time now.” More than a little frustrated, Nico attempted to get off the couch.

Reaching out, Percy took Nico's hand. “Sit back down,” Percy said softly. Nico huffed, but let Percy pull him into his lap. “I figured Will was imprinting his feelings on you. Don't forget that I know my Lost Kids, I know their issues. Luke? You remind him too much of a younger Octavian. Apollo ruined your trust, plus he's not over Robert. Not to mention that he has unresolved feelings towards Leo. Jason was the only logical choice that I saw.” He squeezed Nico around the waist. “I just wanted you to be happy.”

Nico blinked a few times, still rather irritated. “So, what changed then?” He didn't touch Percy in any way, not really sure he wanted to at the moment. He was just scared that Percy was going to keep him in America, even after their talk. “Why change your mind? Why did you stop trying to hope I'd choose Jason?”

Percy let out a long breath. “I stopped wanting you to leave. I had every intention of getting you out of the hotel by this summer when you first arrived, I thought it would be best for you to be far away from me.” Reaching up, the young man brushed some of Nico's hair out of his eyes. “I realized that you do belong at the Lotus...just not how I imagined it. You're good for the others, and I realize that now. Even if they were hostile about it to begin with, I think they have realized this as well. You help and look after them, it's why I let you become a big sibling.”

Nico let his shoulders relax a little, but did not reach out for Percy. “That does not answer my question, not really anyways. You could have pushed me towards Jason and not wanted me to leave, you didn't have to reach out for me yourself. So, what changed?”

“We've had this discussion,” Percy chuckled. “I still don't think I'm what is best for you, but you make me happy. And I seem to make you happy, which makes me happy as well.” He let out a sigh, fiddling with them hem of Nico's shirt. “I'm like venom, Nico, and I constantly worry that you're going to get bitten one day. This is a dangerous life, one that I'd never pick out for you, if I was given the choice.”

Finally, Nico looked down at his lap. “I really wish you'd stop talking about yourself like some kind of monster.”

Percy smirked a little. Letting out a sigh, Nico leaned in and captured the young man's lips. Nico wrapped his arms around Percy's neck, letting the young man lean him back onto the couch. When they pulled back, Percy propped himself up on his elbows.

“I don't think you give yourself enough credit,” Nico continued. He reached up and ran a hand through Percy's dark locks. “Even living in this life, being groomed for running this business, I can still see the real you under all that. Maybe it's just glimpses from time to time, but I can still see you have a heart, I can still see that you care. I still see that lost, little boy that dwells in those sea-green eyes of yours, especially when you get that mischievous look in your eyes.”

Percy smiled back at him before burying his face into the crook of Nico's neck. Nico let out a sigh and reached up to run his fingers through Percy's hair, the movie long forgotten. This was what he had always wanted. Not the being with Percy part—even though that was a major plus—but because Percy was finally opening up to him. He wanted to see more of that mischievous boy that he knew still laid within Percy. He wanted to know everything that Percy was willing to share with him.


Thursday morning, Nico sat at the breakfast table with Gaea, Percy, and Kronos. He wasn't quite sure where Luke was, but Percy didn't seem that concerned by the lack of the blond's presence, so Nico did not bring it up. At least it put Luke far away from Kronos.

Unfortunately, this still left Kronos around Nico.

It could have been much worse, though. Kronos was being quiet, which actually did make Nico slightly nervous. For the longest time, Kronos just stared across the table at him, like he was contemplating all the different ways he could use a knife on Nico. It had been like this ever since Percy had sat down beside the Lost Boy.

But the silence could not last forever. After chewing some of her food, Gaea wiped her mouth. “Nico dear, I was wondering if you had given any thought as to what you were going to do with your life after Percy moved you out here.” She smiled when Percy looked over at her. “Will you be attending a university?”

“Well,” Nico glanced down at his food, “I was planning on continuing my education, but I don't exactly speak German, so I'm not sure how easily I could do that now. I guess I'm still trying to figure that out. Percy said I could learn German.” Glancing up at Percy from the corner of his eye, Nico chewed on his lip. “I suppose I'll figure something out.”

Percy smiled at him and squeezed Nico's hand. This, of course, did not sit so well with Kronos, who just had to contribute to the conversation. “He will probably just end up mooching off of Percy's money,” the pale young man added, cutting up a piece of sausage.

Nico's food turned sour in his mouth. He didn't like to think like Kronos just suggested, it made him feel like a burden to Percy. But that was exactly what he was going to be, wasn't it? Nico's brow furrowed as he looked down at his orange juice in his hand. What was he supposed to do with the rest of his life?

Percy grunted as he drank some coffee. “I already told Nico that he wouldn't be any kind of burden on me financially.” The young man shrugged. “He only buys things he needs, I don't think any of us at this table could really say the same.”

Kronos just rolled his eyes. “Since when have we ever cared about spending money?”

“I'm just saying that Nico can do whatever he wants,” Percy added. “If he wants to go to school, he can. I've already agreed to pay for his tuition, and I don't plan to back out on my agreement. But if he just wants to relax around here, I'm also fine with that.” Percy shrugged, biting off a piece of toast. “He's had a hard life, cut him some slack.”

“Whatever you say, Percy,” Kronos muttered, sipping at his coffee.

Later that night, Nico walked over to the booth that Percy had reserved for them tonight. He had fallen behind Luke and Percy to go to the bathroom, which left him feeling a little awkward when it came to walking around the floor that the Lost Kids' performed at. Nico got all sorts of looks, most likely due to the fact that he looked very young. But Nico really wasn't sure what to think about most of the stares. It was possible that some were just curious about why a kid was running around this floor, especially one that wasn't dressed like the Lost Kids.

“I was going to tell you.”

Nico slowed down until he came to a complete standstill at the sound of Percy's voice. As people walked by, Nico did his best to stay in place without being seen. Percy and Luke were talking at the booth, though the blond did not look that pleased by what was being said.

“When exactly were you going to do that?” Luke asked with a scowl, downing a glass of beer.

Percy let out a sigh, rubbing his temple. “I was going to wait until we got home, because I did not want to ruin your potential vacation time.” Pressing his lips together, the young man sank down in his seat. “It will only be for a day or two, you have my word.”

As Nico moved closer to sit down, Luke huffed and got up from the booth, nearly knocking his drink over in the process. Nico pursed his lips together and slid in beside Percy. “What was that about?”

Percy grunted and took a drink from his own beer. “Personal issues.” He hummed for a second before offering some beer to Nico. “Want some?”

Nico wrinkled his nose, but took the beer anyways. He had only taken a sip when his face contorted in disgust and he handed the glass back to the green-eyed young man. Percy smiled fondly and took another drink. “I don't see how you like that stuff,” Nico practically coughed.

“I should take you to Russia and have you try their vodka.”

“No thanks.” Nico glanced out at the tables, his brow furrowing. People were still staring in his direction. “Why is everyone staring at me?”

Percy just shrugged and took another drink. “Probably due to the fact that the photos from our dinner the other night were released across Europe today. I'm sure they will get out to the rest of the world within another day, two at the most.”

“Comforting.”

“Just stating the obvious,” Percy said with a smile. “They recognize you from the pictures, which means they probably realize that you are with me.”

For a moment, Nico just mulled that over in his head. He had never really imagined himself getting recognized by random strangers, yet now that was exactly what was happening. It really did not make him feel better about going back to work next week, since clients there would probably have seen the photographs. His only hope was that the special clients at the hotel would not make the connection that there was something actually going on between him and Percy.

Managers took Lost Kids with them places, right? Surely that was all people would think it was. At least, Nico seriously hoped it would be that way. The Lost Boy shuddered at the thought of what might happen if those customers were to figure out the truth.

As a little time passed, Nico began to get worried about Luke. His brow furrowed as he scanned the crowd, but found no trace of the blond. As two Lost Kids on the stage finished their performance, Nico slid out of the booth.

“Where are you going?” Percy called after him.

Nico leaned back into the booth. “I'm going to look for Luke.” Percy gave the boy a nod and Nico headed off in search of the blond.

There really weren't that many options. Luke wouldn't just go up to any of the customers and sit down with them, let alone allow them to pull him aside. So, it only stood to reason that Luke was with the few Lost Kids that he liked here, or he had just gone back to his room. Nico figured that he would start with the first option.

Favonius was delivering food and drink orders, so Nico figured he would start with him. “Hey,” the boy said, pulling the European Lost Boy to the side. “Have you seen Luke anywhere?”

Favonius was quiet for a moment, and then he tilted his head to the side. “Not for a while. I saw him go backstage earlier, he might still be back there.”

Nico gave a nod and a smile. “Thanks.”

It was not really hard to find Luke when he got backstage. Well, it was sort of hard to miss the guy with his pants undone and another guy on his knees in front of him. Luke stood behind some curtains, mostly out of view to the Lost Kids backstage, but it just so happened to leave him in view of anyone that came through the door.

Luke seemed to be enjoying himself, one of his hands pressed against the wall beside him, while the other was tangled deep into a mass of hair. It just so happened, though, that the hair belonged to Eros. The brunet opened his eyes, his mouth wrapped tightly around Luke, and stared up at the blond. Luke's head fell back as his body began to spasm. It took Nico a second, but he realized what was happening when he saw the Adam's apple in Eros's neck bob.

Nico's face reddened a little. Oh. As Eros pulled off of Luke, the blond zipped up his pants. Wiping his mouth, Eros stood up and winked at Luke. He leaned in and whispered something to the blond, giving Luke a final squeeze to the crotch before he went off to get ready.

Luke, watching Eros walk away, nearly tripped over Nico. The brown-eyed boy grinned up at him as Luke nearly stumbled backwards. “What are you doing back here, twerp?”

Nico tilted his head to the side. “I was looking for you, since you disappeared for a while.”

“I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself.”

Nico hummed and tapped a finger to his lips. “Looks more like Eros was taking care of you.”


Friday afternoon, Luke and Nico had lunch, while Percy went to some meeting that Nico didn't really ask about. By now, Nico was learning that Percy was pretty much just sparing him a few hours of boredom by not inviting him to these things.

Either way, it was perfect, because Nico seriously needed to talk to Luke before they went back to the United States. Tomorrow was their last full day here, and Nico really felt like there was so much left that needed to be done. And Luke just so happened to be at the center of most of those topics.

So, Nico took a chance and cleared his throat. “Luke?” He asked. The blond grunted at him, not really paying attention to Nico. The brown-eyed boy frowned and tried to spot what Luke was staring at, but was unsuccessful. “Luke, I need to talk to you about something.” He sighed when Luke still did not look at him. “Luke.”

“Let me guess, this is about Annabeth.” Luke finally turned to face Nico, his eyes dark as they bore into Nico. “Her and Thalia were my first friends at the hotel, so why would I want to tell you anything that you might turn around and use against her?” He narrowed his eyes, pressing his finger firmly against the table. “I know my brother put you up to this, I'm the one that told him to work with you. So, yeah, I figured he might turn around and have you seek out personal information about her. But me shielding you from your own blindness and me helping you sabotage Annabeth are two different things.”

“I'm not-” Nico shut his mouth, his brow furrowing. “She is trying to keep me in Los Angeles, trying to get Percy to leave me behind.” Nico leaned a little closer, lowering his voice. “I just want to know what her story is, that's all.”

Luke pointed an accusing finger at Nico. “I haven't told her anything that she could use against you, so why would I do the same for you? I've known her longer. I haven't even told her that I had Octavian help you out. You're asking too much this time, kid.”

“She's going to tear me apart when we get back!” Nico hissed, his fist clenched tightly around his napkin. “All I need from you is her story. I need to understand why she's doing this.” Rubbing his face, Nico leaned on the table. “Luke, please, just this one favor, it's all I ask for. She won't find out that you told me, I swear.”

Luke never answered. He just looked off again, his chin propped up by his palm. Nico let out a sigh and followed Luke's gaze, not very surprised to find it to be on a very familiar brunet. Nico's brow furrowed as he looked back to the blond. They only had two more days after today, Luke needed to sort through whatever was going on with Eros.

It was a very intense stare that Luke gave the green-eyed Lost Boy, like he was observing Eros's every movement. Nico glanced over again. Eros chuckled as he ate with Lou and Favonius, nothing really out of the ordinary.

Finally, Nico let out another sigh. “Why don't you just go talk to him?”

Luke shot Nico a glare. “Shut up, you don't know what you are talking about,” the blond shot back. Nico opened his mouth to object, but Luke cut him off. “Look.” He motioned over to where Eros sat.

At first, Nico didn't really notice anything. He watched in silence as Eros listened to Lou talk, cutting up his food into small pieces. And then those small pieces became smaller pieces, though they did not go into Eros's mouth. The brunet just nudged them with his fork and moved them around on his plate. But it wasn't until Eros got up and went to the bathroom that it really clicked in Nico's mind as to what it was that Luke was trying to get him to notice.

Nico turned back to Luke with wide eyes. “Does he...?”

“Have an eating disorder?” Luke mumbled, eyeing the direction that Eros had just gone. “More than likely, anorexia. Not entirely uncommon with Lost Kids, but Percy has worked to treat any at his hotel that develop an eating disorder.” Luke's brow furrowed as he turned back to Nico. “We talked for a while the night we had sex, and it was just something that I noticed.”

“I'm sorry,” Nico whispered.

Luke arched a brow at him. “Why are you apologizing to me?”

Nico let out a sigh. “Because, you like him.” He didn't even let Luke open his mouth. “I mean, it's a little obvious. You stare at him a lot. I'm just not sure why you are pushing him away, because it's pretty clear that he likes you back, or at least desires you on a sexual level.”

“I do not like him.”

Nico held his hands up in defense. “It's fine if you don't want to admit it to me, but you shouldn't lie to yourself about it. You don't tell anyone, so why are you resisting this? Even if it's just for the sex, I don't see why this is bothering you. It doesn't make any sense, really.” Nico smiled a little, ignoring the glare from Luke. “You deserve to be happy, Luke.”

“It doesn't really matter, now does it?” Luke muttered, tossing a fry into his mouth. “If you haven't noticed, we sort of live on different continents.”

Nico had to smile a little in victory. He didn't bring it up, but he had gotten Luke to vaguely admit that he had some sort of feelings for Eros. It was a huge victory for Nico, considering who he was dealing with. Still...

“Well,” Nico began, “Percy might be considering allowing Lost Kids to transfer hotels.” Nico quickly picked up his drink and took a sip, looking innocently off to the side.

Luke frowned, though his attention was soon taken away by Eros's return. His blue eyes followed the French boy until he sat back down at his table. Lou leaned over and whispered something that made the brunet frown. Luke drummed his fingers on the table as he continued to watch the green-eyed Lost Boy.

“And why would Percy consider doing this?” He asked.

Nico chewed on his lip, doing his best to look innocent. “I might have suggested it to him,” the boy mumbled. He chuckled nervously when Luke narrowed his gaze in Nico's direction. “I mean, only if the Lost Kid wants to transfer, it's not like anyone is going to be forced to do it.”

Luke grunted, though his eyes did not return to Eros. For a moment, he just sat there, tapping his leg anxiously. “You realize that, if Annabeth doesn't get picked for branch manager, she will want to be transferred, right?”

“I'm aware,” Nico whispered with a nod. “I'll cross that bridge if we come to it.”

For a long time, Luke just sat there with his jaw clenched. His eyes briefly flickered over to Eros again before they focused on Nico's face. “Annabeth's parents divorced when she was little.”

Wha-”

“Shut up, or I won't continue my story.” Luke glared at Nico until he sat back in his seat and shut his mouth. “Her mother was a brilliant woman, someone that Annabeth has always aspired to be like. Her father was a smart man, a genius in his own trade. However, her father remarried. Her father and the new wife ended up having twins a few months after Annabeth's tenth birthday.” Blue eyes fell away from Nico, full of betrayal. “Annabeth's stepmother was insane, though Annabeth didn't really see it until it was too late. She was still young, what was she supposed to do?

“The new Mrs. Chase wanted Annabeth to refer to her as 'mother', even though Annabeth was very adamant that she would do no such thing. She was a very jealous woman, one that pretty much hated Annabeth's real mother. The woman blew up whenever Annabeth's father even spoke to her, even though they never took their relationship beyond platonic again.” Luke took a breath, glancing over at Eros again. “Her parents liked talking about their trades, discussing architecture and science, or anything else that might interest them on that given day. But it didn't really seem that way to the crazy bitch.

“Annabeth woke up one particular night to two gunshots. Her father came up the stairs, yelling, and then she says that there was another gunshot. When she came out of her room, she found her stepmother standing over her father's body, while the twins had been shot in their bed.” Luke pressed his lips firmly together, somehow appearing more vulnerable than Nico had really ever seen him.

“Oh my god,” Nico whispered. “And the stepmother didn't shoot her?”

“No,” Luke whispered, shaking his head. “She said that they could be a family now, in a place where Annabeth's 'bitch of a mother' could not interfere in their lives anymore.” Luke let out a long breath before he continued. “Annabeth was devastated, having to see her father and brothers murdered like that. But Mrs. Chase said that there was just one thing that needed to be done first. She waited, keeping Annabeth close to her the entire time. Annabeth says it was the last time she ever really felt afraid, but it was the worst she's ever experienced.

“That bitch waited until Annabeth's mother came to pick her up for the weekend, and then shot her. Annabeth bolted while her mother was dying. She's still alive, in some asylum.” Luke clenched his jaw again, squeezing his fist on the table. “Yeah, so, I'm sure you can imagine why she might not want to talk about her past. I'd also hope that you have enough human decency to not use any of this information against her.” He narrowed his icy blue eyes at Nico. “Because, if you do...you won't make it to move to Germany, I'll make sure of that myself.”

Nico gulped and nodded his head. “Understood,” he replied quietly.

With a final glare, Luke got to his feet. He took a few steps before he turned back towards Nico. “I do not want to get dragged into the middle of whatever war is about to unfold between the two of you, and I'd suggest to keep it away from Percy's ears.” He glanced Nico over for a second. “Don't think I wouldn't make the same threat to her. In case you've forgotten, I was the one that made that deal to try and keep you out of our life.”

“You're also the one that tried to bully me into it by calling me a baby.”

“If the shoe fits.” Luke smirked at the irritated look on Nico's face. As the smile faded, he nodded his head and tapped his hand against the back of the chair he had been using. “But you have done a lot of growing up, and I honestly did not think you could handled all that you have. We're supposed to look after our own, remember that.” He rolled his eyes at the smile that made its way across Nico's lips. “Do not get mushy on me, twerp,” Luke sighed, slipping a piece of gum into his mouth, “you're still annoying.”

As Luke went to leave again, Nico stopped him. “Thank you.”

Luke popped his lips and turned back to face Nico. “Do not thank me, because this conversation never happened.”

Nico nodded, a small smile on his lips. As Luke turned to walk away a third time, Nico glanced over at Eros. Nico chewed on his lip. “Talk to Eros. Soon.” Luke stopped at Nico's words. “If you don't do it before we leave, you're going to regret it.”

Without saying anything, Luke left the restaurant. Nico frowned as the blond left, but did not pursue the older Lost Boy. Nico let out a long sigh before he got up and left the restaurant as well. As soon as he stepped out the door, the boy jerked back when snot flew across his face and chest.

A young boy stood before him, his nose dripping in snot. Nico looked shocked and a little disgusted as a woman, most likely the mother, came over and pulled the boy away by his arm, lecturing him about covering his nose as they went.

“Tissue?” Came Percy's voice. Nico looked up, wiping some of the boy's snot off of his shirt. “Perhaps a change of clothes as well?”

Nico slowly nodded, accepting the box of tissues from Percy. “How was the meeting?” He asked as he dabbed at his face.

“It was okay. How was lunch?”

“Well, it was going fine, until I decided to leave.” Nico made a face as he dropped the snot-filled tissue into the nearest trashcan. “I need to be sanitized.”

Percy chuckled. “I'm sure you'll be fine.”


On their last full day in Germany, Percy pretty much had them take the day off. Which was fine with Nico, because they ended up at the pool, and that meant that Percy was shirtless. Nico sat on the edge of the pool as Percy did a few laps, watching Percy's muscles in the water very intently. Maybe it was a little sad, since Nico could pretty much seen Percy naked whenever he wanted, but the Lost Boy really did not care.

Percy emerged from the water, directly between Nico's legs. He smirked up at the pale boy, resting his arms across Nico's legs. “Enjoying yourself?”

“Enjoying the view,” Nico teased. Smiling, Nico ran his fingers through Percy's wet hair. “Can't we just stay here?”

Percy took Nico's hand and kissed the boy's knuckles. “Very soon.” Winking up at Nico, Percy moved slightly to the left and climbed out of the pool. Nico bit down on his lip as he watched Percy's arm muscles tighten. Percy walked over to a chaise lounge chair.

Percy did not even have to say anything to get Nico to come over to him, he just simply patted the space between his legs. Nico jumped up and walked over, pulling his relatively small swim trunks down around his thighs. Nico's face flushed as Percy unabashedly looked his body over. Eros had given them to him after their last pool day, and Nico was not sure how comfortable he felt in them. They were basically boxer-briefs that gave his ass a nice lift. But Percy seemed to like them, so Nico would gladly wear them whenever the young man wanted.

Taking in a breath, Nico turned around and slid in between Percy's legs, humming lightly as Percy wrapped his arms around Nico's waist. He let his head rest against the green-eyed young man's torso. It was so relaxing...until Luke came in.

Nico didn't even notice that the blond was there, until he shoved Eros, who had been following behind him, into the pool. Nico shot up when water splashed across his face. Eros surfaced with a pout, while Luke just narrowed his eyes down at the brunet. Eros climbed out and sat down in the empty lounge chair beside Percy and Nico. Percy handed the boy a towel, while Luke sat down on the opposite side of Percy and Nico.

“Is there a problem?” Percy finally asked.

“He is accusing me of vile things,” Luke replied, nodding over to where Eros sat. “And, now, he's being ridiculous, pestering me about coming to his room.”

“Tu es un sale menteur,” Eros mumbled. He cut his green eyes over to Percy. “This one was already in my room. He just freaked out when Cecil came in and found us cu-”

“We were doing no such thing!”

Eros let out a breath. “Cuddling,” he continued. Eros stuck out his tongue when Luke glared at him. “I do not see why you are ashamed.” Huffing, Eros got up and dove into the pool.

Nico scowled over at Luke. “Really? You got upset because someone caught you cuddling with Eros?”

“We were not cuddling!” Luke hissed.

“Were so,” Eros called from the pool. “After sex, you and I were cuddling.”

Luke's body tensed. “Shut up, stop announcing such things to the world.”

Nico stared at the blond in disbelief. “Luke, you realize we are leaving tomorrow.” He glanced at Percy before he continued. “I thought we talked about this?”

“About what?” Percy kissed Nico's shoulder blade.

“Nothing,” Luke mumbled. “He's been following me around for the past ten minutes.”

Nico let out a sigh. “Maybe because he wants to spend time with you on your last night here.” He narrowed his eyes at the blond. “I saw you eating dinner with him last night.”

“Cecil was there.” Luke let out a grunt. “It wasn't like a date or anything.” He glanced at Eros, who was watching them from the edge of the pool. “Maybe someone should lock their door.”

Eros just stuck his tongue out at the blond. “You were the one that came to my room last night.” Eros smirked as Luke's ears turned pink. “You were also the one that initiated sex with me the past two times, also asking me to give you head backstage.”

Nico glanced at Percy, who was watching the entire thing from over the pale boy's shoulder. Percy looked rather amused, though it did not look like the manager was planning to intervene anytime soon. Nico leaned in and pressed a kiss to the young man's forehead.

“He has also not been complaining about my company,” Eros added. When Luke chose to not respond, Eros sighed and sank beneath the water.

Leaning over, Nico smacked Luke on the arm. “Ow!” Luke frowned, rubbing his arm. “What was that for, twerp?”

“For being an idiot,” Nico mumbled. “Go talk to him again. Stop trying to screw yourself up, Luke, just try and be happy.” He held up a finger when Luke opened his mouth. “I will not accept 'no' as an answer. We only have one more day here, and I know you like him. You glanced over at him when we were talking about that thing yesterday.”

“What thing?” Percy asked, his brow furrowed.

Nico shoved the young man back. “Nothing, don't worry about it.” Percy pouted, but Nico ignored him for now, focusing his attention on the blond instead. “Luke, I'm serious, this is ridiculous. Nobody back home has to know, and I doubt Cecil thinks less of you. Now,” Nico pointed to where the brunet was swimming, “go and enjoy the rest of your afternoon with him.”

Luke just glared at Nico for a long time. He glanced over at Percy, who just smiled and shrugged. Letting out a sigh, Luke got to his feet and stripped himself of his shirt. Without another word, Luke jumped into the pool. Eros eyed him warily as the blond swam over to him.

Nico let out a heavy sigh and fell back against Percy's chest. “Why must he be so difficult?”

“It's just the way Luke is.” Percy wrapped his arms around Nico's waist. “I don't think you need to worry, I'm sure Luke will get things sorted before we leave. He likes Eros more than I think he's willing to admit, probably because Eros doesn't actually put up with his bullshit. I'm sure they will be good for each other.”

Nico glanced up at the raven haired young man. “Maybe Luke could move to the German branch, then they could be together?”

Percy kissed Nico's forehead. “I'll see what I can do.”

“Goo-” Nico cut himself off with a sudden sneeze, which was followed soon after by another one. Nico batted Percy's hand away when the young man tried to feel his forehead. “I'm fine, I'm fine.”

Percy stared at him in amusement. “I do believe that kid from yesterday got you sick.”

Nico paused for a second and then scowled at Percy. “Don't be ridiculous, I'm the epitome of health.”


Nico sneezed into a wad of tissues that he had grabbed from Percy's room before they had left the hotel. It was time to go back home, but Nico really just wanted to go to sleep. He had felt awful when he first woke up, so Nico would probably just pass out for most of the plane ride back to Los Angeles.

Kronos had left last night, much to Luke and Nico's relief. Not that Nico had seen much of Luke since they left the pool. In fact, when they left the hotel had been the first time that Nico had seen the blond in almost a day. It really did not take much to figure out where Luke had been, especially with the limp that Eros was sporting.

While Percy said goodbye to Gaea, Nico got pulled into a hug by Eros. “I will miss you, mon petit.” He refused to let Nico go, which made the brown-eyed boy smile a little. As loud of a personality that Eros had, Nico had actually come to enjoy the brunet's company. It was going to suck to not see him for a while. “Take care of yourself.” Grinning, Eros slid an arm around Nico's shoulder and had them face where Luke was standing. “And take care of him for me. Be sure he messages me, or I will jump on a plane and come hunt him down.”

Nico chuckled. “I'll do my best. “So, you two worked things out?”

Eros gave a small nod. “He told me what you told him.” Green eyes studied Nico's face carefully. “Is it true? He will be able to transfer here?”

“I'm hoping so,” Nico replied.

Eros pressed his lips together, though Nico could tell the brunet was happy. “I suppose we will see what happens in the summer then.” He winked at Nico. “And I will see you at the end of May.”

Nico's brow furrowed, titling his head to the side. “Wait, what?” He blinked twice. “Why will I be seeing you?”

Eros's eyes widened a little. “Oh. Apologizes, I thought Percy had already told you.” Eros popped his lips and placed a hand on his hips. “There is a political conference in Los Angeles at the end of May, and Gaea offered your hotel as its host. So, naturally, Gaea will be there, and I will tend to her while she is visiting.”

Nico was not that thrilled by this turn of events. It was not that he didn't want to see Eros again, it was just curious after what he overheard Luke and Percy argue. “Political,” Nico whispered. “Do you know if Luke's mother will be attending?”

Eros slowly shook his head. “I am sorry, but I do not know who his mother is.”

Nico let out a sigh and nodded. “It's fine, I'll ask Percy about it later.”

As they were getting ready to board their flight, Eros yanked Luke by his collar and pulled the blond down for a searing kiss. Nico coughed and acted like he wasn't paying attention. Luke seemed a little shocked, but he still kissed the brunet back. Though, when he remembered that people were staring, he quickly pulled away. Nico just grinned up at him when the blond glanced down at him.

“Not a word, twerp,” Luke growled as they entered the terminal.

“I wasn't going to say a word.” Nico sat down in his seat. “But I am happy that you worked things out with him. Did he tell you that he will be coming in for the conference next month?”

Luke tensed up at that, though Nico was not quite sure it was due to the news about Eros. “Yeah, he told me. He's going to be crashing in my suite.”

“More like your bed,” Percy teased as he took his seat as well. He grinned innocently when Luke scowled at him. “You realize that Eros will probably have no shame in sticking his hand down your pants...in public...regardless of who is watching, right?”

Nico did not really understand, but it seemed like Luke did. His eyebrows raised and he soon wandered into his own thoughts. Nico let out a yawn and slid down in his chair, letting his head rest against Percy's shoulder. It was going to be a long flight, and, if he was lucky, he would be able to sleep through the entirety of it.

And that was exactly what Nico did.

When he woke up, Percy was shaking him with a smile. Nico rubbed at his eyes and looked out the window. They had landed in Los Angeles, by the looks of it. Yawning, Nico got up and grabbed his carry-on bag.

Rachel picked them up from the airport and delivered them back to the hotel. Percy, true to his word, did not have as much physical contact with Nico as they had been back in Germany. It felt so weird being home after a week, though it was not necessarily a bad thing. Nico had really missed everyone.

However, it was a little awkward when Luke and Nico bumped into Annabeth upon arriving at their floor. She hugged Luke first, a genuine smile on her face. She kept smiling when she moved on to hug Nico, but the Lost Boy could see that it was not so authentic. It was confusing, because it did seem like she liked Nico, but saw him as a threat at the same time. From what he had pieced together, Nico felt he could understand why Annabeth had attached herself to Percy so strongly.

Percy had put her stepmother in that asylum, locked her away so that the woman could never hurt Annabeth or anyone else ever again. He honestly felt a little jealous of the blonde, being able to have been around Percy when he was a little younger. Nico wondered what Percy was really like back then.

“I'm so glad you guys are back,” Annabeth said as she released Nico from a hug.

Before Luke or Nico could respond, however, a door down the hall opened. The pure sight of it made the two Lost Boys that had just gotten back stare at each other in confusion. From Apollo's suite came Leo, limping heavily and adjusting his shirt.

When he spotted them, the Latino's eyes widened a little, like a child caught opening his presents on Christmas. “Hey, guys! When did you two get back?”

Luke arched a brow. “Just a moment ago.” He blinked a few times. “Were you...?” Luke couldn't even finish his sentence, too confused by the entire thing. Nico could easily relate.

As if on cue, a shirtless Apollo emerged from the suite. “Hey, Leo, you forgot your...” His cheeks flared up at being caught. Coughing, he held out his hand, handing Leo his wallet. “Um, you forgot this.”

Luke just arched an eyebrow at the other blond. “Yeah, whatever.” He let out a sigh and shoved Nico in Apollo's direction. “Percy wants the kid to see Will. Apparently, twerp here has caught a cold.”

Nico glared, rubbing at his runny nose. Apollo chuckled and nodded. “Come on, Will can fix you up,” the blond said. Pouting as he sniffled, Nico let the blond guide him down the hall and into his suite.

Once the door was shut, Nico arched a brow at the curly haired blond. “I see things happened while I was gone.”

Apollo shook his head innocently. “I don't know what you're talking about.” He pushed Nico onto the couch. “Shut up, I don't want to hear it.” The blond let out a sigh. “We just worked things out a few days ago, and I really can't say what's going to happen. I do need to talk to you and catch you up, though. A lot happened for me while you were gone.”

Nico slowly nodded. “Okay.” Unable to hold it back any longer, Nico coughed a few times. “Can you just go get our resident doctor?”

Apollo chuckled and disappeared down the hall. Nico heard a door open and then hushed voices. A few seconds later, Will poked his head around the corner, a huge grin on his face.

“Nico!” He cried, practically jumping across the couch. However, the second Nico sneezed, Will lifted his shirt to cover his mouth and nose from Nico's germs. “Well, you look like crap.”

Nico pouted and slumped down. “Thanks a lot,” he mumbled. Well, at least he was home. It wouldn't be long now until his real life began, but there was so much that needed to be taken care of in that time. With another sneeze, Nico groaned. All of it could wait until he felt better.

--------

Translation:

Tu es un sale menteur (You are a dirty liar)

4 comments: